[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 60, Issue 67

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Wed Apr 1 00:47:08 PDT 2009

chovynz wrote:

> Well...I guess. That's kinda what I've been doing already, and emailing
> you guys to do the action. If you're all ok with me being a librarian or
> admin, I dont mind.
>
> But... mostly all I'll be doing is the same. poking my nose in new
> clipart, seeing if they are ok, writing reviews, uploading as much
> clipart as I can. The only thing that would change is I'm able to delete
> files like "Page" by myself. And then I'd only do it after talking with
> you guys for confirmation anyway.

I see this working kink of like Wikipedia, with a large number of
librarians, we have *a lot* of content and could use *a lot* of eyes
helping to categorize and clean it.

> Is there a way to undo an admin or librarians changes? (i.e. if I make a
> mistake can Jon or John, or one of the other admins "fix" whatever I
> did?) I really don't want ... more danger. I don't know how to explain
> it. The job (making and uploading clipart) is what I'm interested in
> doing, but I dont want responsibilty or power. I think I AM responsible,
> but I dont want responsibilty.

I believe a *deleted* file can't be undeleted. A banned one should be
possible to unban (we have a bug blocking us from doing so currently,
but that is just a bug). A wrong tag can be easily changed. So as long
as you don't delete files without much thinking, it should be safe.

Please just keep in mind some of our core values,like "no censorship".

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/