[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 61, Issue 8

John Olsen johnny_automatic at mac.com
Sun Apr 5 15:33:05 PDT 2009

On Apr 5, 2009, at 12:00 PM, clipart-request at lists.freedesktop.org
wrote:

> 2009/4/4 chovynz <chovynz at gmail.com>:
>> What's the preferred / best way of uploading?
>
> I'm not a very sophisticated graphics user, so I prefer them to be
> split up into separate images.
>
> --
> Francis Bond <http://www2.nict.go.jp/x/x161/en/member/bond/>
> NICT Language Infrastructure Group
>
> Thanks for your honesty. :) Can you explain further? How do you use
> the
> library?

To me this is also the logic behind cropping the images tightly.  The
thinking here is that someone who cannot really use Inkscape or other
graphic programs could just insert the image in an office document and
not have to trim it or crop out other stuff.  When people submit 3-4
images on one page I suggest uploading separate files and mark it as
"cleanup".

Johnny