[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 61, Issue 7

Oleg Koptev koptev.oleg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 23:31:05 PDT 2009

hello all!

my 0.02$:

On the one hand placing PNG on top enables preview on the site. sure it is
useful.
But on the other hand - it causes that Inkscape (which have function to load
clipart from OCAL directly as you know) load that PNG only, but not SVG. It
is well-known bug as I read (Jon know it). And this bug leads to the fact,
that implemention of this very useful and handy function in Inkscape is
questionable..

that is dilemma.

2009/4/6 John Olsen <johnny_automatic at mac.com>

> On Apr 4, 2009, at 12:00 PM, clipart-request at lists.freedesktop.org
> wrote:
>

> > Message: 2
> > Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 14:38:52 +1300
> > From: chovynz <chovynz at gmail.com>
> > Subject: [Clipart] Is it ok for me to use my admin abilities .... in
> >       this    way?
> > To: "clipart at lists.freedesktop.org" <clipart at lists.freedesktop.org>
> >
> > Hi.
> >
> > I want some advice. While I've been going through adding clipart,
> > I've also
> > been looking at other clipart when I've gotten bored of uploading.
> >
> > Sometimes I've seen clipart that has both PNG and SVG but in an
> > incorrect
> > order for the thumbnail to show up. I've been moving the PNGs to the
> > top of
> > the file list when I come across them, rather than leave a review (in
> > Anonymous account) and wait for them to do it.
> >
> > Is this ok?
>
> Yes, a perfect admin job.  If under my normal account and not spamming
> the list, I would send a suggestion to the submitter to do it that way
> in the future.
>
> John
>

> > --
> > Cheers