[Clipart] Many clipart under one file entry, or separate files for separate entries?

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon Apr 6 00:09:49 PDT 2009

chovynz wrote:
> What's the preferred / best way of uploading?
>
> Do we upload many related cliparts under one entry like this:
> http://openclipart.org/media/files/sivvus/9497

Think about the glorious future when we will have working thumbnails in
the browsing interface... do you think the thumbnail will be of any use
in the case above?

> Or do we put them up separately like this:
> http://openclipart.org/media/files/chovynz/11676
> http://openclipart.org/media/files/chovynz/11672
> http://openclipart.org/media/files/chovynz/11671
> http://openclipart.org/media/files/chovynz/11663
> http://openclipart.org/media/files/chovynz/11658

I think this is the better option. It would make sense do do any
grouping if you maybe had a color and black&white version.

PS: chovynz, as you can see, in the OCAL interface the PNG thumbnails
are resized from HTML so they have a width of 128 px, something like
this looks (IMO) horrible:
http://openclipart.org/media/files/chovynz/11672 (resizing from HTML do
not use resampling). It would be a good idea to make the width 128px for
thumbnails, so they look good (personally I put a 128x128 bounding box
for almost all my uploads due to this).

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/