[Clipart] Ответ: clipart Digest, Vol 61, Issue 12

Oleg Koptev koptev.oleg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:51:23 PDT 2009

  John Olsen <johnny_automatic at mac.com> wrote:
>> I'm not sure which way you mean "cannot take it in anyway except":

>> a) you cannot buy/get elsewhere? like it is out-of-print?  If it cannot be bought then the creator cannot make money off of it.  Maybe if you had a really good reason that you NEEDED it, as versus WANTED it.
>> b) you cannot afford to purchase it?  That isn't cannot, it is chose not.  You chose not to acquire the capital to purchase it or to find an acceptable barter or trade with the creator.  Can you really say you NEED it or that you just want something without compensating the creator for it?

as we told about copyright and other legal things, lets talk on the side of law.
yes, as I told before, sometimes I forced to download stuff (as I say
that is movie, music and sometimes books). and yes, most of them is
out-of-print. but at law side it is not much difference - in-print or
out-of-print. since it is not under CC, PD, GPL, any other
*free-or-similar-to* license, when I copy it and share it I break the
LAW. Isn't it?

about NEED, WANT. we could say, that human body really NEED four
things: air, food, water (in and out :D) & safety. but we are not only
body (at least peoples here are not). So I think *mental food* is not
less necessary than *physical food* for Homo SAPIENS - as we are.

p.s. BTW - are you agreed, that world crysis might facilitate
people-of-art to find new win-win methods of promotion their work?

--
C уважением, Коптев Олег
With respect, Koptev Oleg

Jabber ID - koptevoleg at jabber.ru