[Clipart] PD license

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 00:19:06 PDT 2009

And then Evil Corporation Number 1 comes along, grabs my nicely finished and
polished clipart that has taken 6 hours to make, Trademarks and copyrights
it into their logo, then sues me for using their logo on my website.

*"Dedicator recognizes that, once placed in the public domain, the Work may
be freely reproduced, distributed, transmitted, used, modified, built upon,
or otherwise exploited by anyone for any purpose, commercial or
non-commercial, and in any way, including by methods that have not yet been
invented or conceived." *

Once you release something to the PD, yes it's irreversible. But it means
that anyone can come along and copyright it, removing that particular
clipart from the public domain for the next 60 odd years.

It's troublesome to me.

--
Cheers
Chovynz