[Clipart] OCAL png first? or Inkscape import? (Mixture of OCAL + Inkscape Dev questions)

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 22:10:56 PDT 2009

Hi all

I have a number of questions.

When I haven't been uploading clipart to OCAL, I've been browsing and
generally being semi-useful in the form of rearranging the png thumbnail to
those cliparts that are in an incorrect order. (e.g.Alternate Mozilla
Icon<http://openclipart.org/media/files/roystonlodge/8074>).
I've been putting the png first so that the preview image shows up.

Q1. Is the very cool Linux-Search-and-Import-Clipart-from-OCAL feature going
to be appearing in the windows version of Inkscape? I have Inkscape 0.46,
built Apr  1 2008, Windows XP.

Q2. Is the Inkscape OCAL Import going to be importing the svg instead of png
sometime in the future? Or will it continue to import the first file (which
happens to be the png)?

Q3. Based on the first two, I question whether I should be making the PNG
the first in the OCAL files list. Should I continue doing so? (This is the
question that I am mostly asking about.)

--
Cheers
Chovynz