[Clipart] clipart Digest, Vol 62, Issue 37

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jun 1 06:34:38 PDT 2009

On 06/01/2009 04:17 PM, John Olsen wrote:
>> From: Nicu Buculei
>> Default in Inkscape is "no metadata", which is proprietary. I
>> obviously
>> meant what metadata Inkscape puts in by default when you select PD.
>

> Keep in mind that even though this is a outgrowth of Inkscape, not all
> submitters use Inkscape.  Adobe Illustrator and a number of other
> programs are regularly used here including CAD programs.

But beside Inkscape, I doubt any of those tools is capable to write
metadata. I don't expect users to add metadata with text editors
(notepad) or command line Perl tools, so it is either the application
where the file is created or our website uploader who should do the job.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/