[Clipart] License as www.schoolplaten.com

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Thu Mar 19 01:16:17 PDT 2009

Peter Mathijssen wrote:
> Nicu Buculei schreef:
>> You are allowed to take an image released as PD (or CC0) and use it
>> without saying it is obtained from a PD source. You are also allowed to
>> change its license, distribute it under different terms (it is foolish,
>> as people can still get it from the original source, but is allowed).
>>
>> It is PD, not CC-BY or CC-BY-SA and this is a feature chosen "by design"
>> for our project.
>
> I didn't know that you could change the license of a PD-work. So if you
> don't know it's PD, and someone is giving it a CC-BY or CC-BY-SA, this
> is allowed. You can put restrictions on PD-work just by giving it
> another license. Strange, very strange.

Technically, you are not putting restrictions, the user can still obtain
the image from the original source, under full PD. Or use the file as PD
as obtained from the 3-rd party distributor, *if* that distributor had
not added value to it.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/