[Clipart] Roadmap on wiki vs Blueprints

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 14:05:21 PDT 2010

How about days? ;)

I think the wiki is a good place, it's just that there is lots of info
that is old. (Even on LP there is old info - some of the bugs don't
even  apply to this current version of BETA.) With a good cleanup the
wiki can become useful again. (And an Mediawiki update from 1.6.8 to
1.15+, Jon ... Ok I'll get off that broken record!) The Blueprints in LP
are relatively clean in comparison to what is available on the wiki and
the LP blueprints are in an easy to find place.

The wiki IS ... well... it's a wiki! everyone I know uses a wiki. But
OCAL's wiki is a scary information bloated place, which hasn't been kept
updated, and is discouraging for librarians to keep updating. Perhaps
some archiving and updating would be a good thing? It depends how much
you want to do and where you want to go with it Jon. Some leadership in
that area would be a good thing in my humble opinion.

The Roadmap is a different thing to Blueprints I thought. Can you
describe your thoughts on the two? As far as I understand Roadmap is
what is actually going to happen i.e. a TODO list for those involved to
see what is on the table currently, whereas as Blueprint is a suggestion
for TODO at an ethereal date sometime in teh distant future. Am I on the
right track or do I need a direction shift?

Basically, how do you want us to use the tools we have?
What is your vision for the Roadmap?
Where do you want to go with OCAL?
etcetc on big questions.