[Clipart] 30K! and ready to launch!!!

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 16:26:02 PDT 2010

My replies in the specific sections below.

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 8:45 AM, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:

> Well, I should be held to the same standard as everyone else.

In that case, please consider temporarily removing all of your recent
uploads (since we don't yet have a replace function), fixing the way they
are encoded/uploaded, then re-upload them. They currently do not work in
Firefox and Chrome. It gets a whole lot of svg code but no picture. In this
form it is broken.

   1. I would also suggest that some renaming needs to be done. A whole
   bunch of numbers isn't useful for other people to find high quality clipart.
   2. We also request that you tag them with appropriate tags and
   descriptions describing what is in the images, so that other people will be
   able to find them when they search for those tags.
   3. Please also double-check them before uploading since some of them seem
   to be corrupted.e.g. http://www.openclipart.org/detail/56587

> But, I would say, we shouldn't just delete images unless they violate
> our guidelines, which my submissions don't.

I would consider them not working in two major browsers, having
non-descriptive names, and some image corruption as not meeting the spirit
of the website and guidelines. ;)

http://openclipart.org/wiki/FAQ#Who_is_this_clipart_being_provided_for.2C_and_why.3F
http://openclipart.org/wiki/FAQ#What_are_the_most_important_long_term_goals_of_the_project.3F
http://openclipart.org/wiki/Project_Principles#What_is_the_bigger_picture_of_this_project.3F

> Honestly, there are loads of vectorized images in major clipart
> collections. If any of my images violate the guidelines then they
> should be removed, but at the core of OCAL is to not do value
> judgments, but tag, and rate clipart.
>
> My images are part of a vectorized collection I was interested in doing.
>
> Jon

Awesome! Keep uploading! Reckon you can meet 40K by the beginning of May?

on another point, would this one:
> http://www.openclipart.org/detail/56155 count as being a
> copyrighted/trademarked logo.
>
> tomh