[Clipart] 30K! and ready to launch!!!

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Apr 25 19:42:17 PDT 2010

<topPost />

Thanks Thomas! Yes, Bassel and I talked about adding this awesome
autotrace command as a function for uploads, but decided it would get
too obnoxious :)

I am very hopeful though that we will attract interest in ways to
actually run crawlers and processing on large collections...that would
be stellar!

Jon

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Thomas Hicks
<hicks.kingtom at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 25 April 2010 21:45, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
>> Well, I should be held to the same standard as everyone else.
>>
>> But, I would say, we shouldn't just delete images unless they violate
>> our guidelines, which my submissions don't.
>>
>> Honestly, there are loads of vectorized images in major clipart
>> collections. If any of my images violate the guidelines then they
>> should be removed, but at the core of OCAL is to not do value
>> judgments, but tag, and rate clipart.
>>
>> My images are part of a vectorized collection I was interested in doing.
>>

> I do quite like some of the ones you have uploaded, probably about 300
> of them (not an exact count). I do think that it may be better to do
> some kind selection on the ones to upload though - I think at some
> point having too many of them would start to "dilute" how good this
> website is.
>
> on another point, would this one:
> http://www.openclipart.org/detail/56155 count as being a
> copyrighted/trademarked logo.
>
> tomh
>> Jon
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 12:38 PM,  <michaelkrnac at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> 30 000 clipart achieved but with a lot of bad "clip art". Well the image
>>> stuff you uploaded jon is not clipart at all.
>>> If they were not from you jon but by someone else, I would delete them
>>> immediatly.
>>>
>>> Really poor!

http://rejon.org/
http://fabricatorz.com/