[Clipart] 30K! and ready to launch!!!

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Apr 26 00:35:54 PDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Greg Bulmash
<oneminuteinspirations at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll add my voice to those of the opinion that vectorized photos
> aren't clipart. I've always found that vectorized photos just make
> crappy clipart that isn't as good as a drawing and has lost the detail
> of the photo.
>
> And if they won't render in a browser, you can make the arguments
> you've been making, but you sound like the Linux wonks who piss on
> noobs for not knowing how to run Linux, driving them off instead of
> growing the community.
>
> - Greg

I hear you. I found a solution! Open them in inkscape, save them as
plain-svg then browsers read them just fine. Oh, and then that
inspired me to find another solution. They don't have the SVG
namespaces is the problem. Quite simply just need to add to the <svg
/> tag is all. I'll work with Bassel and get a replace function on our
site, then I'll replace the valid ones. I hear you on the fixing so
work in most browsers. This work might also get rolled into our work
to update the metadata inside the SVG with the latest from the site,
PD declaration and also add the right namespace and XML declaration.

Cheers!

Jon

<snip />

http://rejon.org/