[Clipart] stuff done today

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 13:16:07 PDT 2010

Well I'm going to totally disagree with all of you and say, lets do it.
(I already have done it - before I sent out the first email of this
thread, "oh, lol".)
However, all of those options are there if you WANT to fill them out.
When I'm finished with it, it will give people the options to either say
nothing about themselves (which is fine), or to say
gender, country, interests, Avatar, homepage, bio (and filling these out
is also fine).

The facility is there right now to put info in about yourself, you can
choose to use it or not. You can (will be able to soon) also choose to
hide certain info. I want the profile to be able to automatically detect
if the user has input anything, and show that on their profile (default
will be "not shown") . If they choose not to write any info, then their
profile will display a "No info available on this user". It's a little
weird seeing an empty "Homepage" field on peoples profile. Let's clean
it up a bit eh? Before we didn't have the choice of what we displayed
about ourselves, now we are starting to.

If you really think we *shouldn't* include any of these fields, I'd like
to hear reasoning, instead of just "I dont want it." :-)

Cheers
Chovynz