[Clipart] Possibly copyrighted material

Nathan Eady eady at galion.lib.oh.us
Thu Jun 3 10:12:45 PDT 2010

chovynz <chovynz at gmail.com> writes:

>    Pacman probably isn't ok for OCAL. I've just had a quick online
>    look on the copyright status, and either Taito Corp, or Namco own
>    this trademarked clipart. It doesn't seem to be copyrighted
>    though, persay. Could someone else confirm?

The pacman shape is too simple to be eligible for protection under
copyright law.  (It's basically just a circle with a wedge removed.
Copyright requires more originality than that.)

However, it *could* be protected as a trademark, and in fact I'd be
kind of surprised if it's not.

--
Nathan Eady
Galion Public Library