[Clipart] More copyrighted material

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 21:32:55 PDT 2010

Yeah. As far as I'm aware, you can only see hidden cliparts if you have
the exact URL (see J Alves comments below).
That's why I'm requesting that librarians notify the mailing list of any
clipart that they hide.
If you hide it, nobody can see it, currently.
So, I comment the clipart as to why I'm hiding it, then I hide it and
tell the mailing list with an exact link. That way we can all see what
is being done, and keep track when we have a better system working.

P.s. Leonardo Cunha - Oh darn. I thought we could make you go a bit more
crazy than that. ;-)

> (by the way, digression: searching for "Linux" returned *a lot* of
> clipart that is not even remotely related to Linux... but they showed
> up because the term is in the description; advanced search to define
> which fields to search would be nice)

That is a good idea. Can you blueprint it on Launchpad? It might already
be there, but it would be good to have a record of it.
An alternative method might be to change the description, but I don't
really like my option as, it changes what the uploader has done and puts
extra unecessary burden on the Librarians. Your idea is better in the
longterm.

Cheers
Chovynz