[Clipart] Copyrighted cliparts

Nathan Eady eady at galion.lib.oh.us
Tue Jun 8 13:55:06 PDT 2010

Oleg Koptev <koptev.oleg at gmail.com> writes:

> the phrase 'just do it' I suppose more than too simple for
> copyright,

It's not too simple for trademark, though.

> but it is as Jarod said. #wtf.

In the absense of a citation pointing to a reputable source for said
assertion, complete with an explation of the unusualness of such a
case, I suspect he was probably confusing trademark with copyright,
which is a very common mistake.

Nike, incidentally, are known to actively protect their trademarks.
In fact, they're one of the three or four companies I would have been
most likely to name if I were giving examples of companies that are
known to actively protect their trademarks.

--
Nathan Eady
Galion Public Library