[Clipart] Bug. strange searching

Roan Horning roan at horning.us
Thu Jun 10 06:09:15 PDT 2010

On 6/9/2010 4:47 PM, chovynz wrote:
> The weird thing is I also searched for b _ _ r and no results for
> "bear" came up.
> So...I don't know what's going on.

Look at the results for "http://www.openclipart.org/tags/b__r" and you
will see the wild cards being used. Whatever search is called, when the
path "http://www.openclipart.org/tags" is used, is using wild cards.

But when using the search box the following url is returned:
"http://www.openclipart.org/search/?query=b__r"
The search url escapes the _ wildcard so until something is tagged or
has a description with 'b__r' in it, nothing will be returned.

I would lean towards switching this: allowing wild cards when used in
the search query, and not using them when called from the tags query

Roan