[Clipart] Public Domain certification blurb on Upload screen

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 14:58:43 PDT 2010

Thanks Nathan

On 30/06/2010 8:16 a.m., Nathan Eady wrote:
> By submitting this artwork, you are saying...
>
> 1. That nobody else has a copyright or trademark on it.
>
>     (For example, if you draw Mickey Mouse, Disney has a copyright,
>     and we can't include it.  Sorry.)
>
> 2. That anyone can use this artwork any way they want, even without
>     giving you credit.  It is public domain.

Sounds good. I'll use this if that's ok with you. Good example too.

> If someone can make it shorter or friendlier, without making it
> unclear, by all means, have at it.

> I assume we are all agreed on this point?
I'm working on some ideas for "general" legalise, even though we aren't
lawyers.
See below for info. Not sure how to structure it into what we have so
far ... any ideas would be welcome.
At the moment it's here at this URL, but we needs some links and wording
nutted out.
http://www.openclipart.org/about-public-domain