[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Theme/Seasonal Package Releases

Greg Bulmash oneminuteinspirations at gmail.com
Thu May 6 13:54:11 PDT 2010

Jul 1 is 10 days *after* summer starts. Many people doing "summer"
things that require clipart are planning or developing them *before*
summer starts or right when it starts. By July 1, the usefulness of a
summer collection is cut in half (or more).

Also, remember that many publications plan and create content in
advance. Releasing seasonal collections once you're already into the
season ensures that you're doing it too late to get picked up in many
round-ups of season-themed resources.

Seriously, talk to someone else in the media and ask them about
editorial calendars. By waiting until after a season starts to release
and promote a seasonal clip art collection, you're shooting the
collection in the foot.

The Summer collection needs to be released May 27th and the Spring
collection needs to wait until next year. I cannot stress this enough.
Let's be media savvy about this... please.

On Jul 1, do a sports theme or other non-seasonal evergreen that can
always be re-released with a refresh when most advantageous. And get
started on the Halloween and Christmas packages *now* because those
are HUGE clipart usage times and the times that a good collection
could get the most press.

- Greg

>>> http://fabricatorz.com/
>>> http://status.net/