[Clipart] Regarding clipart detail page design

ryan sukale ryantechnical at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 07:38:35 PDT 2011

Hi folks.

I tried to make a mockup of the clipart detail page design as per the svg
that was shared earlier.

You can download the attachment and open the html file in Firefox and see
it.

But I had a few concerns while making this design.

1) Since the comments are on the right panel, and since most of the images
dont have comments, the right hand section of the page will look empty for
most of the images.

2) When there are many comments, how are we going to show the remaining
comments, since on the main page we have will be having only 5-6 of the
latest comments showing. Do we have a separate page that enlist all the
comments?

2) If a user decides to write a huge description text, or a huge number of
tags, then the layout will spread across vertically, pushing down the remix
sections and the image actions section.

3) I dont know if we do have options for downloadinng xcf and pdf. So i did
not include it. I just kept the same download options that are present on
the current clipart detail page.

4) When images dont have remixes, the page will look very small, because the
comments section is on the right, and the remix section at the bottom.

But if everyone is ok with this design, I will proceed to make it cross
browser and upload it in an aiki test page in the site.

Looking forward to your comments.

--
Regards,
Ryan