[Clipart] Important : Emailing capability and comments.

chovynz chovynz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 12:57:01 PST 2011

This highlights why we need comments and better community interaction
(including mroe people communicating on the mailing list.)
http://www.openclipart.org/detail/63505

We've lost a good author and contributor because I was unaware that he
replied. Comments notification seriously need to be looked at. In amongst
all your Aiking, please consider OCAL and where you started. I'm unable to
fix this issue, so I need some help from either professional programmers or
someone who knows what they are doing.

We need all of these
1.) Email on comments.
2.) Email notification on comment reply.
3.) A way for people to email librarians and admins on the site.
4.) Pretty url's needs to work properly. At the moment this function is
hiding all comments.

It's broken, and it needs fixing, *Now*.

So,  To amsterdammack <http://www.openclipart.org/user-detail/amsterdammack>,
if you can read this, I apologise for not replying. Honest mistake in that I
didn't know you had replied. It was not my intent to come across as a power
tripped monger. My only motivation is to protect the integrity of OCAL's
Public Domain status. You've provided enough proof for me, I'm unhiding the
clipart.

--
Cheers
Chovynz