[Clipart] RSS Results and crossdomain.xml

jon at rejon.org jon at rejon.org
Mon Jan 31 05:08:07 PST 2011

Hi!

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:23 AM, Wayne Connolly
<wayne.connolly at measanctum.com> wrote:
> Hi guys -
>
> We have a cms that we are adding open clipart searching to however we need
> to be able to find the height of a image like this
> http://www.openclipart.org/image/250px/svg_to_png/warszawianka_weather-storm.png
>
> Currently the rss results for a search dont give us that. (we actually do a
> string replace on the URL to get the PNG version of the SVG which is not
> very optimal but gets the job done).
>
> +++++++++++++
>
>       {
>          "title":"tango weather storm",
>          "link":"http:\/\/www.openclipart.org\/detail\/30163",
>          "pubDate":"2010-03-08 06:59:39",
>          "description":" Weather icon from Tango Project:
> http:\/\/tango.freedesktop.org\/Tango_Desktop_Project\n<br><br>\nTango
> Project icons are Public Domain. ",
>          "enclosure":
>          {
>             "@attributes":
>             {
>
> "url":"http:\/\/www.openclipart.org\/people\/warszawianka\/weather-storm.svg",
>                "type":"octect\/stream"
>             }
>          },
>          "guid":"http:\/\/www.openclipart.org\/detail\/30163"
>       },

Please file here....and if you really want to help make this happen
faster, you can get more into hacking on the site. We are at
#openclipart on irc.freenode.net

> +++++++++++++
>
> Also we need a crossdomain.xml file at the root of open clip art. This
> allows Adobe Flash apps to access files on the server - currently we get the
> below error.
>
> Warning: Failed to load policy file from
> http://www.openclipart.org/crossdomain.xml
>
> Add this to a file at your root(from
> http://resources.esri.com/help/9.3/arcgisserver/apis/flex/help/index.html#references/using_crossdomain_xml.htm#).
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE cross-domain-policy SYSTEM
> "http://www.adobe.com/xml/dtds/cross-domain-policy.dtd">
> <cross-domain-policy>
>     <site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/>
>     <allow-access-from domain="*"/>
> </cross-domain-policy>

I added:

http://openclipart.org/crossdomain.xml

please keep us posted on how you will use the site.

cheers

http://rejon.org/ | http://fabricatorz.com/
chat/skype: kidproto | irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (sf/global) | +4915155318427 (berlin)