[Clipart] Missing files: intentionally, or not?

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Thu Jul 7 09:40:20 PDT 2011

I downloaded the open clipart 2.0 full package, and unpacked it.
I then searched the /index_?\d*\.html/ files in the gallery, and found
what I was looking for: an oscilloscope.  It is supposed to be
by "mothinator".  I found that this is not included, despite being
in the gallery index.  I found that there are also files by "duema",
"kuhlo" and "undeefined" which are missing.

So my question is mainly whether this is intentional?  If so, could the
reason be made more obvious?  If it is not intentional, my searching
of the bug database turned up nothing about "missing", so is this
a known problem?

I have a couple of other questions.  There seems to be a directory
for creating an installer.  Am I right in thinking this is geared
towards translations, or will it install other things?

The web site, which I gather is still being developed and improved,
has a system of tags as metadata for the images.  The Blueprint/Roadmap
leads me to believe this is fairly new.  I'm wondering if there is
a plan to ship a tool to browse tags in the full download?

That is probably more than enough questions for now.  Thank you.
        Hugh