[Clipart] 1000 likes on facebook

Nathan Eady eady at galion.lib.oh.us
Wed Oct 5 12:53:16 PDT 2011

Jon Phillips <jon at fabricatorz.com> writes:

> I am normally not for this type of free ad for facebook,

I wish I could agree (I am NOT a big fan of Facebook), but unfortunately
at this point their Alexa rank is 2, so in terms of advertising for them
it's basically a no-op, kind of like having a search box on your site
that's powered by Google: everybody already knows about them anyway.
The awareness is going to flow from them to us MUCH more than the other
way around.

(Also: I didn't even realize that OCAL had the "Like us on Facebook"
thing until I read about it in this thread.  My visual cortex must have
learned to automatically skip over them, just like banner ads.  Three
cheers for wetware.)

--
Nathan Eady
Galion Public Library