[Clipart] Report of Trademark Infringement

Greg Bulmash oneminuteinspirations at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 19:53:09 PDT 2011

I just received this letter yesterday, claiming that John Olsen's
submission "Chef Says Okay" violates the trademarked chef of Podravka
foods.

Clipart: http://www.openclipart.org/detail/1035/chef-says-okay-by-johnny_automatic
Letter: PDF attached

I contacted John and he's looking into the provenance of the image. We
both believe the chef illustration predates Podravka's use. I've seen
that chef in other non-Podravka advertising well before John submitted
it to OCAL. It's probably an old clipart image which Podravka
incorporated into their trademark. But John is going to have to go
back through his records and find the source so we can be sure.

In the meantime, fair warning, Podravka is sending C&Ds. I've "hidden"
it on my site as of this evening until such time as the original
source of the image can be determined.

Best,

Greg