[Clipart] wording

Mike Cendejas mike.cendejas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 12:18:32 PST 2013

I'm a native speaker, but I still don't really know the right answer. I
always referred to the medium in general as "clipart", but if I am talking
more specifically, I'd refer to it as "a piece of clipart" (similar to a
"piece of art")... plural, "pieces of clip art". I never used "cliparts",
because I always considered clipart to be something intangible, and the
"piece" of clipart is what could be made plural.

That's probably way more confusing than I intended.

Just my two cents, I don't really care one way or the other :)