[Clipart] Abusive comments

Jon Phillips jon at fabricatorz.com
Fri Feb 15 03:47:13 PST 2013

Hi, please file this as a feature request at:

http://github.com/openclipart

This is a nice social policy to follow, but we should also be aware that
people have different standards for what is abusive or NSFW.

Jon

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM, Iwan Gabovitch <qubodup at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> cassieb http://openclipart.org/user-detail/cassieb
>
> Wrote "hi bitch" as a comment on http://openclipart.org/detail/174716 (not
> removed as record).
> screen: http://i.imgur.com/EWqClXh.png
>
> We need some way to protect users from abusive comments.
>
> I guess the way to do it right now is
> 1. Scan http://openclipart.org/listcomments regularly
> 2. If there's an abusive comment, delete it and write a comment saying
> that "the abusive comment has been deleted, sorry for the inconveniences. -
> OCAL Moderation Team" as to not damage the OCAL relationship with the
> artists.
>
> It might be a bitter user whose art I have removed (hidden) that created a
> new account to take revenge. Hopefully that's the case and that normal
> users are not at risk of verbal abuse.
>
> Cheers,
> Iwan
>
> PS: this is mostly just a notification for future reference, if constant
> verbal abuse becomes an actual problem.

Jon Phillips 王✳ http://fabricatorz.com ✳ skype: kidproto ✳ irc: rejon
+1.415.830.3884 (global) ✳ +86-187-1003-9974 (beijing)