[colord] xiccd - a daemon to apply display ICC profiles without Gnome/KDE

Alexey Galakhov agalakhov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 10:28:52 PDT 2013

2013/7/3 Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com>:
> On 3 July 2013 11:37, Alexey Galakhov <agalakhov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it possible to add more than one read-only scan directory? I suggest
>> something like
>
> I don't think any directory is read-only, even stuff in
> /usr/share/color/icc can be updated at runtime if you update a
> package.

I mean directories that are never written by CdIccStore. Of course
they may be written by other means.

> What's the benefit of that? I'm also not sure libcolord should know
> anything about EDIDs at all.

Maybe not exactly EDID but some other file name generation procedure.
And there's no need to know the actual name. Something like tmpfile(3)
function for CdIcc but with predictable name generation that looks
like "unnamed" ICC file.

An example:

icc = cd_icc_new();
cd_icc_create_from_edid(icc, ...);
cd_icc_set_...(icc, ...);
cd_icc_save_store(icc, store); // generates file name based on the above info

Alex