[colord] problem installing colord 1.0 on Ubuntu

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 01:43:31 PDT 2013

On 7 July 2013 23:09, Sanford Rockowitz <rockowitz at minsoft.com> wrote:
> On Ubuntu 13.04, I've built and installed colord, but I get an error when
> trying to start the colord 1.0.2 daemon.

Sorry for the delay, been on annual vacation with the family.

>   ./colord: symbol lookup error: ./colord: undefined symbol:
> cd_icc_get_warnings
> It appears that cd_icc_get_warnings is defined in
> /usr/local/lib/libcolordprivate.so
> Suggestions appreciated.

I'm no expert, but I think you're on the right lines -- it seems
libcolordprivate (or the new enough version) isn't being linked
against in the daemon. IIRC Ubuntu uses a different linker, so maybe
switching from gold to ld might help you debug things? Sorry I'm not
more help.

Richard.