[compiz] g-w-d.c -> my head spins

Mirco Müller macslow at bangang.de
Thu Apr 6 10:37:02 PDT 2006

Am Donnerstag, den 06.04.2006, 14:38 +0200 schrieb Mirco Müller:

> 	I started looking more thoroughly at gnome-window-decorator.c and now
> my head spins and "hurts"...

After futher investigation my head now spins the other way round :)

	In the meantime I was able to identify all drawing functions
responsible for the titlebar (I didn't touch the title and buttons),
frames and shadow-elements. As an example I replaced them with simple
opaque rects to see what part goes where. Actually I just draw the rects
for the shadow and completely skip the frame-drawing functions (for
reasons of clarity I draw the middle part of the titlebar too), because
I'm currently only interested in the shadows. And this yielded another
strange fact. Take a look at the attached screenshot. You might want to
know that the drak grey and white parts should only be drawn in the
lower left and lower right corner (at least that's what I would expect
from the code and David's comments). Instead the lower left covers the
left, lower-left and lower part while the white occupies the lower-right
and right part.

	Yet I have to (hopefully) figure out how the local 2D-window-coordinate
system works and how it relates to the matrix used in
draw_shadwo_background().

	I think only David can give some insight on why I see the colored
squares arranged as they are.

	Why did you do it this way David? It appears to be very non-obvious.
Are there speed-issues demanding such an approach or other things going
on behind the scene, which I still fail to see?

Thanks in advance for _any_ kind of help!

Best regards...

MacSlow

email - macslow at bangang.de
www - http://macslow.thepimp.net