[compiz] Patch for water plugin to make time between rain-drops adjustable

Emilie Roberts emilieroberts at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 21:40:51 PDT 2006

Hello,

I love the work that is being done with compiz!  I have made a patch for
water.c that makes the time between rain-drops adjustable using gconf.
This way you can leave the plug-in running and just have pleasant drops
every now and then instead of the rainstorm that is hard-coded in now
(which is still fun now and then!).

The gconf value is in ms (1/1000 of a second). Suggestions for raindrop
times: 10000 (every 10 seconds), 60000 (every minute), 300000 (every 5
minutes). Default is now 1000 (every second) instead of 250 (4/second)
like before.

I also made a modification to the compiz-0.0.7_p20060404.ebuild for
gentoo users using the xgl-coffee branch (get the tarball here:
http://www.cutedancer.com/dist/compiz-raindelay.tar.gz ).  Just
unzip to your /usr/local/xgl-coffee directory and emerge compiz.

Enjoy!
Emilie