[compiz] Compiz on AIGLX

Guillaume Seguin ixce at compiz.net
Mon Apr 17 11:53:15 PDT 2006

Last night I reworked compiz-aiglx patch from Kristian Høgsberg to get
it working (i.e. patching and running) with latest compiz cvs. Most
plugins and features are working again now : wobbly, minimize, resize,
cube, rotate, move, fade, scale, place, zoom.
However the last two plugins, switcher and decoration are broken.
Decoration just draws nothing, I found that the problematic function
call is the (*screen->queryDrawable) (screen->display->display,
texture->pixmap, GLX_TEXTURE_TARGET_EXT, &target); in
bindPixmapToTexture in texture.c called from line 248 in decoration.c :
target is 0 and it falls in the default case in the following switch.
Judging by the docs I've found, there must be a problem with the pixmap
or the texture.
There's a similar problem with switcher problem, beginning at line 1082
in switcher.c (if (!w->texture.pixmap) bindWindow (w);)
I hope that my few results could help you.

If you could have a look at the changes and problems and tell me what I
did wrong it would be awesome!

Regards

Guillaume Seguin