[compiz] Compiz: Artifact in shadows

Erkin Bahceci erkin at cs.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 25 07:22:44 PDT 2006

Hi,
The customizable shadows look really nice. However, there is a small
artifact in shadows of small windows and tooltips, when shadow_radius
is in a certain range. It can be seen in this screenshot posted in the
forums:
http://compiz.net/attachment.php?item=177

Tracking down that problem, here, it happens:
- on the vertical edges of any 2-line tooltip on the gnome panel when
I set shadow_radius in the range 20-22.
- on the horizontal edges of XMMS-launcher-tooltip on the gnome panel
when I have shadow_radius in the range 22-25.
- on the vertical edges of right-click-menu when I click on
nautilus-places-pane (at the left) when I have shadow_radius in the
range 24-26.

So, the safe values for shadow_radius seem to be <20 and >26, for now.

I have upgraded xgl and everything to the latest versions, by the way.