[compiz] slow tint when tinting the whole screen

lowfi lowfi at chello.at
Mon Dec 4 02:50:21 PST 2006

Hi,

I have the same problem and I'd also like to know what's causing this.
I submited a patch to the libgksu mailing list to disable the fade effect in gconf
a while ago, but it doesn't look like if it's going upstream.

You can grab it here if you're interested.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gksu-devel/2006-11/msg00001.html

There is also a new composite branch of gksu, which uses cairo. This should also solve the problem, but I haven't tried it yet.
The logout app uses the same code as gksu, so same problem here.

Gerd.