[compiz] more cubes and 3d metaphoric objects...

Rudolf Randal rudolf.randal at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 06:55:22 PDT 2006

On 6/9/06, Stephen Moore <delfick755 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> how about having more cubes to fly around in 3d space.
>
> though at first thought this might appear unessacary as who needs so many
> desktops?
>
> So i thought, why not have special cubes (as well as the original cube of
> course) and these special cubes, instead of cubes, be 3d metaphric objects
> for specific tasks
>
> such as a radio, or ipod or whatever for music
> a cinema for movies
> arcade thingo for games, etc
> completely animated and able to look at it from any direction (hence the 3d
> part)
>
> this way the whole point of virtual desktops allowing efficiency is
> enhanced....
>
> consider my idea and implement please...:D
>
> thnx
I thought of some of these features over the last couple of weeks ...
First I thought of just a simple dock/undock functionality for the
cube ... You could kick in a 3d-engine and just map the screen-shots
as pixmaps to a cube in this 3d space (what is the name for the space
around the cube??).
We would then be in a real 3d-engine and could start make plugins for
inserting different 3d objects and create an infrastructure for
event-handling.
When docking with the cube again we get back normal cube functionality.
thoughts?

--
Rudolf Randal - Simrishamnsgatan 12 A - 214 23 Malmö - Sweden - Phone:
+46 (0)76 234 05 77