[compiz] compiz and video

jamlc jamlc at volny.cz
Mon Jun 12 07:34:13 PDT 2006

Hi all,

I am experiencing a strange behavior as far as video is concerned. After I first installed xgl and compiz, it was the version that came with suse 10.1, I could play video just fine with XV driver. After some compiz upgrade (to quinns rpm I think), I could only play it with opengl driver, because XV was slow. Now, after the last compiz upgrade (060610 quinn), I can only use XV again, because with opengl I only get a white screen. I am not complaining, my video works (it is better with the XV driver, than it was with opengl) and now Xgl works better that ever, I am just asking, whether this is some kind of setting or something. Thank you for you answer and also thanks for Xgl, I just love it.