[compiz] Feature Request: Drag and Drop support in scale plugin

Melissa Saffron missysaffron+compiz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 22:37:25 PDT 2006

I've asked for this many times, but this is the first time asking for it on
the mailing list.
I have totally removed my window list applet from my gnome-panel. It's gone,
but not yet forgotten. Despite such great effort to replace it, the thing I
miss the most from it is the fact that d&d was easy. I pick up my file or my
text or whatever, I hover over an item in my window list applet, it comes up
and into focus, and I can drop. With compiz, I have to reposition my windows
to allow me to drag from one point to another and drop.

It shouldn't be too difficult to implement either, I don't think. pick up
something, like a file, or some text, anything dragable, activate scale with
a keybind or with the hotcorner (preferably hotcorner), drag your item,
hover over a window for a few seconds (about the same length of time as
window list applet maybe?). Everything will unscale, and the window at the
top that has focus will be the one that you just hovered your file over, and
everything is right in the world