[compiz] Domain Names, etc.

Jeffrey Laramie imnotpc at ubaight.com
Fri Nov 10 06:55:07 PST 2006

Hello All,

A quick update regarding the domain name issue. Ben and I have been in contact
with Guillaume and things are moving forward. Guillaume has installed a
re-direct page on compiz.com that provides links to both compiz.biz and
beryl-project.org. He has also agreed to give David the compiz.org domain
name.

David, could you contact either Guillaume or myself with your registry
information so you and Guillaume can complete the transfer and wrap this up.

Also, if you could share your plans/opinions regarding hosting/sites/forums. A
few things that should be decided:

1. Which domain will have the official compiz site: compiz.org, go-compiz.org,
or some other site? Re-direct the other sites to the main site or use them to
host other stuff?

2. Do you wish to continue to host and manage the official site yourself?

3. Would you prefer the forums on your official site (potentially more work
for you) or have Ben maintain the forums on his site?

There's been some discussion on these topics here:
http://www.compiz.biz/viewtopic.php?t=8&sid=9b268ef0de9a8e4d34490ffffb994a0f

I apologize if I appear pushy. I'm just trying to give the compiz community a
boost and I'm a "cut to the chase" kinda guy.

Jeff