[compiz] Howto compile the kde decorator?

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Fri Nov 10 08:05:58 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 21:32 +0100, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I own a NVidia GF488Go and therefor I tried to give aiglx+compiz a
> try, and it seems to work great - impressive :-)

If you have an nvidia card, there's no chance that you're using aiglx as
aiglx requires open source dri drivers. You're probably using nvidia's
latest proprietary driver that includes support for
GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap extension with direct rendering as well as
with nvidia's own architecture for indirect rendering.

> However the problem I experience is that I am unable to compile any of
> the "window decorators". I installed kde-devel libs + dependencies,
> gtk+-devel dependencies - however I don't have gnome nore
> gnome-develop packages installed and I build with gconf disabled.
>
> Whatever I try configure says something like "checking for
> GTK_WINDOW_DECORATOR ... no" or "checking for KDE_WINDOWS_DECORATOR
> ... no" but I don't get any reasons not does configure abort. I would
> really prefer to not depend on GTK2 just for decorations.
>
> Any ideas what could be wrong? I am using FC6.

kde window decorator is not in a working state yet. You'll have to use
the gtk-window-decorator for now, which currently requires gconf. If
you're running KDE, I understand that you want to avoid the gtk2
dependency and we'll hopefully have a working kde decorator sometime
soon.