[compiz] Domain Names, etc.

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Fri Nov 10 11:03:03 PST 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-10 at 09:55 -0500, Jeffrey Laramie wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> A quick update regarding the domain name issue. Ben and I have been in contact
> with Guillaume and things are moving forward. Guillaume has installed a
> re-direct page on compiz.com that provides links to both compiz.biz and
> beryl-project.org. He has also agreed to give David the compiz.org domain
> name.
>
> David, could you contact either Guillaume or myself with your registry
> information so you and Guillaume can complete the transfer and wrap this up.

Sure, I'll do that.

> Also, if you could share your plans/opinions regarding hosting/sites/forums. A
> few things that should be decided:
>
> 1. Which domain will have the official compiz site: compiz.org, go-compiz.org,
> or some other site? Re-direct the other sites to the main site or use them to
> host other stuff?

I'd like to see just one site and I'm hoping that what's currently at
go-compiz.org can become this site. I'll make compiz.org and
go-compiz.org point to this same site.

> 2. Do you wish to continue to host and manage the official site yourself?

I would very much like to see some people help out with that. Anyone
interested should contact me.

> 3. Would you prefer the forums on your official site (potentially more work
> for you) or have Ben maintain the forums on his site?

I'd like to move it to the official site if Ben is OK with that. And he
can of course keep maintaining the forums at the official site if he
wants to do that.

> There's been some discussion on these topics here:
> http://www.compiz.biz/viewtopic.php?t=8&sid=9b268ef0de9a8e4d34490ffffb994a0f
>
> I apologize if I appear pushy. I'm just trying to give the compiz community a
> boost and I'm a "cut to the chase" kinda guy.

You're right there's no time to waste here, we should get all this fixed
asap.