[compiz] custom shortcuts

Amadeus W. M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 12 20:58:29 PST 2006

I'm trying to define my long time keyboard shortcuts in compiz on a new
FC6 system with gnome. I want <Alt>n to run a shell and <Shift><Alt>p for
pan. In metacity I could set the shell shortcut from
System->Preferences->keyboard shortcuts, and for something like pan (which
was not in the menu) I could do it in gconf-editor (apps->metacity, etc.).

Since neither the shell nor pan are in the menu under compiz, I tried to
set them under gconf-editor, by analogy with metacity:

apps->compiz->general->allscreens->options

command0            <Alt>n
run_command0_key    gnome-terminal

and similarly for pan, but neither works. I'm probably missing something.
How should this be done? Hope it's not a bug.

Thanks!