[compiz] Compiz bugs?

John Stowers john.stowers.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 02:20:44 PST 2006

> > - double clicking on titlebar sometimes put window at weird state (see
> > screenshot), single click anywhere put window on maximize state.
> > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/maxima/Compiz/epiphany.png
> > I tried it with epiphany, rhythmbox and evolution.
>
> Never seen that happen, I can't reproduce it on any of my systems.

I have observed this also. I find its more often triggered by the
following sequence of steps;

1) Have a selection of minimized and maximized windows and be using metacity
2) Start compiz to replace metacity
3) Go and double click on all the title bars and observe that some of
the windows will probably do something weird. Some will probably take
a few attempts at double clicking on them before they maximize
4) Another symptom of the weirdness is that when right clicking on the
titlebar the Maximize, Minimize, Unmaximize, Unminimize options will
not always be appropriate

Sorry I could not be more specific.

Also on another related? matter, I change from using metacity to
compiz and back a few times per session. It is annoying that when
switching to compiz it moves all the windows onto the current
desktop/workspaces despite where they were positioned when using
metacity immediately prior

John

p.s. Its excellent to see the development and openness surrounding
compiz these days!