[compiz] the notorious "GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing" error

Tuukka Hastrup Tuukka.Hastrup at iki.fi
Sat Nov 18 14:39:04 PST 2006

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Thomas Liebetraut wrote:
> One question to you, though: Can you use xvideo with your IGM if compiz
> is running? I get black rectangles on the overlay where other windows
> are beneath the video window or, worse, a completely black image. Moving
> the window a little bit often brings back the image. Using X11 as
> rendering method works, better than using Xgl even, but has a worse
> quality when upscaling the video to full screen size. I've understood
> that AIGLX doesn't have any problems using xvideo together with a
> composite manager, but edora's wiki states that xvideo "is known not to
> work".

I have Intel 855GM but I don't think I've ever experienced this problem,
although I must say I've only used AIGLX for a short while now. I'm
testing with mplayer -vo xv and it tells "Shared memory not supported
Reverting to normal Xv". I would think upscaling in X11 only depends on
the algorithm the player software uses.

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: Tuukka.Hastrup at iki.fi
                http://www.iki.fi/Tuukka.Hastrup/