[compiz] [ANNOUNCE] compiz-0.3.4

Fabien Chaillou fabs0028 at free.fr
Tue Nov 28 14:27:09 PST 2006

dragoran a écrit :
> David Reveman wrote:
>>
>> Exactly. To have windows span more than one side of the cube, there must
>> be some relationship between the cube faces. Workspaces are completely
>> separated and a window can't exist in different locations on different
>> workspaces. A "large desktop" with viewports allows this. Hence, making
>> it possible to implemented the cube as it's seen today.
>>

> ok does this mean that either vieports or workspaces can be enabled?
> if yes how can this be selected (viewport->workspaces and
> workspace->viewport)
> gconf key? (have not found anything like that)

Thanx david for the explanation.
I changed the key i'll tell if it works or not !

Concerning viewports and workspaces both are enabled altogether.
In /apps/compiz/general/screen/0 :
the key "number_of_desktops" indicates the number of worskspace
while the keys "hsize" and "vsize" reprents the horizontal and vertical
size of a viewspace.
So if you only want workspace, you have to set hsize = vsize = 1 or the
other way around you set number_of_desktops to 1.

Another question for david:
isn't it possible to make compiz the default wm for gnome so that i can
be loaded directly and not by replacing metacity ?
Thanx for the answers :)

Fabien