[compiz] reason for bad performance on i915 (AIGLX)

Hanno Böck ml at hboeck.de
Thu Nov 30 06:54:38 PST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 30. November 2006 15:10 schrieb Matthias Hopf:
> Hm. The second patch doesn't seem right, it doesn't help if only the
> server supports EXT_texture_from_pixmap. I wonder why this should help
> at all, because there won't be a function entry point (unless the used
> libGL is just broken and has the function, but not the extension
> string).

The problem with this is that if you use direct rendering, glx won't return
tfp in glx extensions. It only does if it's used with indirect rendering. And
glxExtensions has no parameter for indirect rendering.

I recently tried to write a proper patch for that, but it seems an enhancement
to the glxExtensions-function would be needed, so you can pass indirect
rendering option to it.

--
Hanno Böck		Blog:   http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20		Jabber: jabber at hboeck.de