[compiz] Tried out Beryl (Animation pugin)

Shawn Starr shawn.starr at rogers.com
Tue Oct 3 19:02:58 PDT 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 9:55 pm, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:
> There is no need to decouple the gconf plugin, stop this nonsense
> talk.  If you compile from source, you have the option to not enable
> it, you have the option to not load it, and you can write your own
> config plugin independently of compiz if you so desire.  How it is
> packaged is a packager decision, and the fact that compiz in e.g.
> fedora depends on gconf is a decision we've taken in the fedora
> packaging.  Wether or not the gconf plugin is a part of the compiz
> repository doesn't change this decision either way.  Upstream compiz
> is desktop independent, don't spread misinformation like this.
>
> Kristian

I ment more of the decoupling mechanism for configuring plugins itself.
Upstream compiz is supposed to be desktop independent. There's noting
wrong with gtk-window-decorator nor it support metacity themes, but the kde/qt
one doesn't work imho. It's even disabled in Debian for now also.

It may be moot anyway if/when kwin4 has composite management built in.

Shawn.