[compiz] Tried out Beryl (Animation pugin)

Erkin Bahceci erkinbah at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 01:04:34 PDT 2006

Hi,

I strongly suggest taking animation.c in Beryl svn rev. 465 or later
instead of the version you attached, since the code has undergone lots
of improvements (including better performance and new features),
fixing, and cleaning up this week. The schema file should also be
updated for the new version.

I admit that I should have used the "privates" facility instead of
putting disablePostprocessFX in compiz.h/beryl.h (this is used to
communicate with blurfx in Beryl). I'll fix that some time. But
indexCount would better go in the header file next to vCount, (the
"vertex count = index count" assumption of Wobbly is not valid in
Animation). Also, Wobbly would better be updated too, to use
indexCount (and maybe texCoordSize) as is the case in wobbly.c in
Beryl now.

- Erkin