[compiz] Plugins

Mike Dransfield mike at blueroot.co.uk
Mon Oct 9 07:49:03 PDT 2006

Thanks for these moppsy

I am putting together a collection of plugins from beryl. At the moment
I have

*Animation*

http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/plugins/animation.tar.gz

This needs these patches to compiz.h and window.c

http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/patches/10_animation-compat_compiz.h.diff
http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/patches/10_animation-compat_window.c.diff

*Showdesktop*

http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/plugins/showdesktop.tar.gz

This is a little buggy but could hopefully be improved in the future.

*State*

http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/plugins/state.tar.gz

This keeps state of applications, I find it very useful. The initial
position doesn't
seem to work but everything else does. This plugin is very useful
because it allows
compiz effects to be used as screensavers.

*Trailfocus*

http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/plugins/trailfocus.tar.gz

Probably the most turned off of all the Beryl plugins, but some people
like it.

*Water Quad Patch*

I also have a patch from moppsy for the quad water wave. It seems to
work, I removed
the shiver patches because they require patches to wobbly.

http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/patches/90_water-quad-wave_water.c.diff
http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/patches/90_water-quad-wave_compiz.schemas.in.diff

Blurfx seems the only plugin that has real problems working on compiz,
there appear
to be a lot of changes in decorator and cgwd which made blur work properly.

I have also pulled miniwin and dock from the recycle bin, miniwin works
perfectly
but dock does not work here. I could never get it working but other
people claimed
they did. This is one of the best ideas in compiz-quinn and I hope
someone can adopt it.

http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/plugins/dock.tar.gz