[compiz] Compiling Compiz

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Fri Oct 20 09:07:32 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 13:05 +0100, Mike Dransfield wrote:
> >> It would be nice if someone could package compiz and then create an
> >> additional package
> >> with the third-party plugins in.
> >>

> > AFAIK so far most of the additional plugins (if not all) do not
> > compile/run for upstream compiz at the moment.
> >

> All of the plugins on this page work with compiz, the exception is neg
> which requires a patch to the core.  They all work with hardly any
> modification, just some annoying differences.
>
> To compile them just download, unpack and type make install as your
> normal user.
>
> http://www.anykeysoftware.co.uk/compiz/plugins/

Great!

the required patch for the neg plugin to work adds a bit to the paint
mask that can be used to determine if it's a window decoration that is
being painted or not. I'm not sure I want to include it as the type of
object being rendered has nothing to do in that mask. If we want to be
able to determine what kind of object that is being rendered we need an
appropriate interface for that. We should probably add some kind of
identifier to the CompTexture structure but for now I think the attached
modification to your version of the neg plugin will serve as a decent
workaround.

Thanks,